To deliver long-term value to our shareholders, sustainability must be at the heart of how we do business.
At Fletcher Building sustainability is about how we do business.
It is about ensuring the sustainability of our business and the economic contribution we make; it is about preserving and protecting our natural environments and resources; it is about contributing positively to collective efforts that address relevant social issues in our communities; and it is about robust business governance.
Our commitment to sustainability is focused on:
- Working together to protect the environment.
- Reducing the impacts associated with our manufacturing, construction, and extraction operations.
- Reducing the impacts associated with the distribution and use of our building materials.
- Building leadership capability.
- Supporting and investing in the communities in which we operate.
- Managing health and safety risks across our business.
- Working collaboratively with central and local government stakeholders to facilitate employment or training opportunities for disadvantaged youth.
- Having workplaces that strive to provide development opportunities for our people, focused on high engagement and high performance.
- We are committed to maintaining transparency with all our stakeholders by reporting on our sustainability initiatives and performance annually.